Genesis 2 : 8 (New Living Translation)

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

She's here!!!

All 4 generations. We're celebrating Nanny's 90th bday this December. She has 11 babies and I've already called desperate for advice! She's still got it.... Gracie loved her.

Clean baby.... best smell in the world


Sleeping beauty! 


Daddy's Princess... no really, she is daddy's girl already! 

First trip to the dr's office. I'm feeling that I must document every second of her life, so we took a picture of this too. Her tummy was really hurting her, so we had to go figure out what was wrong. Turns out, she has reflux and simple fix is peppermint flavored miracle drug. Kudos to Dr. Shirley because Gracie is now a completely different baby since we fixed her lil tum tum. 

We're home... hospital bracelets and all. You cannot see her outfit at all, but that is the dress I came home in. Maybe I'll put it back on her and pretend that it's our homecoming day for the sake of a good picture. 

Daddy's first night with his new girl in the hospital. We had her at 4:57 and didn't get her in our room until midnight. The poor woman who kept coming in to take my blood pressure every 15 min (we could hear her cart coming down the hall)...... I finally told her that she was a huge disappointment and that if she didn't wheel a baby in there she couldn't come back. 

Don't let our HUGE grins fool you, we're scared to death. Gracie screamed the entire first hour of her life. I'm pretty sure it's because she was scared of us too! 


Last but not least.... Sweet dr furniss! This is Gracie's first picture when she is just seconds old. We had the absolute best experience at OCH and we already LOVED dr furniss, but having her there to deliver Gracie was very special. At one point, buddy said, "I don't think this could have gone any better!" and I totally agree. Perfect day all around. 

First off, sorry to the demanding public, but it's pretty dang busy around our house with the new princess! We jump at her every command =) But you finally have some pictures. Don't worry, I'm taking tons. I just have to stop staring at her long enough to upload the things. 

We had a sad first two days with her tummy pain and reflux, but we have miracle medicine and she's a new woman! Just smiling and peeing and pooping and sleeping and pooping again... we LOVE her. I didn't know anybody's baby could be so perfect and beautiful, but wouldn't you know that the perfect child would be mine. 

Her sweet daddy is just smitten as can be! I'm not sure if she likes him more of if he likes her more. They're a pretty cute couple napping on the couch all the time. 

We had the most amazing labor and delivery experience. The nurses and drs at OCH were phenomenal! The L&D nurses loved my gownie and kept sending in other nurses to see it. Naturally, they put me in a great mood since they all oooed and ahhhhed over how cute I looked while in LABOR. I love them. Also, I joked a lot about how buddy would be the worst labor coach ever, but he was a rock star in the delivery room! As soon as we got there, he went into "daddy zone." They told me I had to wear the nasty hospital issued gown, but when I came out of the bathroom in that nasty thing, daddy said.... absolutely not! So, he fixed it immediately. Sweet man. Who wants to go through all of that while feeling uglier than you have to? 

If you've been around us for more than 5 minutes, you know that we like to laugh and have a good time no matter what. Well, Gracie's birth is no exception. The dr was holding the phone with one hand (talking to her nurse at the clinic about the patient she had to leave for me) and catching Gracie with the other. I was throwing up and our 4 nurses and buddy were all laughing at the chaos. It was hilarious and even though I was only laughing on the inside..... their laughter made me not worry about anything going wrong. Overall, we had an awesome experience and the expressions on our faces in our first family pic at 4:57 pm are so funny. They had just put Gracie on my belly, she's only a few seconds old, and we both are in "deer in headlight" mode staring at this little girl like..... what do we do now?! Then it hit us both. You LOVE her and the rest just falls right into place. 

Buddy (also now called daddy) and I spent Gracie's first hour of her life with just the three of us (plus all of our nurses and our dr) and that was the fastest hour of our lives. We passed her back and forth and introduced ourselves. I played with her feet and shook my head at how much hair she has. I joke sometimes when daddy asks what we're doing, "oh, I'm just braiding her hair!" She was beautiful the first second we saw her and so worth every second of our 2 hour pushing session. She was present enough, but daddy did so good and got me a "push present" in addition to the sweet baby you get as a reward. Check it out, it's bee-u-t-ful and I can't wait to give it to Gracie when she has her first baby. 

My baby is hungry.... more to come later. And yes, we know, she is the most beautiful baby in the world. 

3 comments:

  1. so precious. I am so happy for you. You are right - she is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we get to see her. She is beautiful and I'm so thankful you have your first love with you now. Isn't it just amazing that overwhelming first love experience you have with her? You are obsessed with her every little move or whimper or expression. Oh how I miss those days of just being able to lay around and hold my sweet firstborn all day long! EG's first 3 months were nothing but napping on mommy & daddy and us being completely enamored with her. So so happy for y'all, and I'm thankful she's feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! She is beautiful! Also you look fabulous after giving birth and I love the gown...so much more fashionable than the ugly hospital ones! Have fun! Can't wait for more updates! What a cute little family!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive