Genesis 2 : 8 (New Living Translation)

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

If we are the body....


Help Haiti.


As I packed my lunch this morning, I thought about the nearly 1 million Haitians who may not have a meal today or for several days to come. Help Haiti. On my way to work, I listened to KLOVE - the contemporary Christian music station in our area, and they offered a simple way for me to follow through with God's commandment to be His hands and feet.

Simply text KLOVE to 20222 and a one time charge of $10 will be added to your phone bill. Respond to the confirmation message with the word YES, and you just fed a Haitian lunch! You can do this up to 3 times, so help out!!! This is made possible by the Food for the Hungry Ministry who has partnered with the KLOVE radio group during Haiti's crisis.

If my daughter was lefted orphaned by a natual disaster (I pray not, but it could happen) I would hope that Christians around the world would follow through with our responsibility to show the love of Christ to those in need. We are so blessed. This $10 donation was so easy, I still feel guilty about not doing more.
someone's daughter....

Tonight when you lay down in your dry bed in your warm house surrounded by those you love, think about the Haitians who are sleeping alone under tarps and count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive