Genesis 2 : 8 (New Living Translation)

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

decision maker, I am not

Words never used to describe Suzanne: "works well under pressure, can handle sticky situations, is flexible and goes with the flow, keeps anxiety level in check"... and newly added, "knows how to balance work and family"

Building on the recent Swagger Wagon discussion, I've been missing my Gracie girl. So, I make a plan! Full time teaching job at the jr college = less time than current full time job. I'll start teaching so I can have more time with her, plus I got two degrees and spent many a year in school so that I could do just that. No time like the present (or 3 or so years ago).

Alas, the community college of my dreams needs an English teacher! Sign me up! Hmmm, what have I signed up for? Let's reevaluate the situation. I want more time with Gracie, so let's teach. I have a full time job now, and I suddenly find myself employed teaching not one, but two classes at night. I'm no math whiz, but pretty sure this equals LESS time with baby girl. So add, "can make important decisions that will benefit her family" to the list of words that do not describe Suzanne.

I have to start somewhere and I need to get started on making the (probably several years long) transition into the teaching world. So, wish me luck (and check on Buddy because he'll be single parenting a lot pretty soon)

Gracie, I love you! Da Da will point at my picture so you will know who I am.

Blog Archive