Genesis 2 : 8 (New Living Translation)

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Father's Day...


(thanks Tricia Hopper Butts for the AMAZING pics!)

Father's Day at our house wasn't any different than any other day... Notice how, today seems more appropriate for me to dote on this father than Sunday. So, today is Father's Day for us. Gracie-lu has been sickish since Monday morning. I took off Monday (Mother's Day), Granna had her yesterday (Granna's Day), and today her daddy had his turn - Father's Day. It never even crossed my mind to acknowledge what all he does on a daily basis.



He's a hands-on dad. Period. There's nothing that he isn't willing or able to do for that baby (except "boobfeed") Now, he can't do things as perfect as I can (you know me) but he is always willing to try and then he listens to me tell him how I would have done it. He doesn't really hear her in the night either - but that's my job anyway. Even if I ask him to go tend to her if she wakes up crying, I'm in there within a minute flat (of course telling him not to do whatever he's doing the way he's doing it) so there's no point in waking him up!

She snuggles and hugs him with her special hug reserved only for him. She tilts her head down and looks up at him with her special look only for him, and she says "hey da da!" Totally has no clue what she's saying - she calls everything "da da", but he gets a phrase and a wave and I can't even get "ma ma" not once?!

He's her favorite, and that's ok with me. When I was pregnant I often imagined a daddy's girl. I have this image of her as a toddler doing her best to keep up with him in a tiny pair of rubber boots and nothing else but a diaper. Gracie and her daddy...

For her, Father's Day is every day. Gracie would think it so silly to have only one day to dedicate to da da, she celebrates him every day with arms and legs wiggling and huffs and puffs until he picks her up. So, Happy Father's Day, Da Da on this ordinary Monday. See you at home - it's bath night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive