Genesis 2 : 8 (New Living Translation)

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

We went to the beach!
I tell you what, I was really dreading the drive to Unkie Mikey's house, but that sweet angel... I had to apologize to her for doubting her sweetness. What a perfect child if I do say so myself! We left after work Friday and she ate dinner in the car (and so did we). She had a diaper change on an exit ramp somewhere around Tuscaloosa and then she went to sleep right on schedule and we drove all night without a hitch!

Thanks to our host and hostess! We're so proud of you!

Aren't they precious?! She looks like Da Da, but has tons of "Michael faces." I tell her all the time, that was a "Michael face"


There's another Michael face (they did not plan the color coordination - I don't think) I nicknamed him "Baby Hog" for the weekend. He had to soak her up, no telling how big she'll be next time.


What.. what? Is that an actual picture with me and she's smiling? Can it be? (not so great of me, but at this point, I can't be picky)


All of these smiling pics we got, she must have thoroughly enjoyed herself! You can't see it, but there's a cute sail boat on her outfit. I did try to outfit her according to the beach theme you know.


I've tried to explain that it's not ladylike to eat with our feet 3 feet apart! But she insists that this is the most comfortable way to eat and if I would just try it, I would be sold too.


No oil on our beaches! But she seemed a little timid in her teeny weeny itsy bitsy yellow polka dot bikini.... although I told her she's a hottie


She was not a huge fan of the water. (That's the "dada made me get in the water) And she did not appreciate me comparing that scary gulf to her sweet bathtub that we love, but I tried. She kept the frown, but didn't cry unless she was forced to actually touch the water. Not happy about the sand much either. I think she would have felt better if she would have participated with the wearing of the fabulous diva sunglasses she has. She was not feeling the glasses either, though.




Looking concerned, but not too mad.

Is she a super model or what?! Love that little beach baby.


Unfortunately, the camera died before fireworks (obviously because I was using the battery up), which stinks doubly bad because we all dressed up for dinner that night. Looking swank at the Sunset (lovely little eatery) and off to see fireworks for the first time! She LOVED them. Watching the fireworks, she began to see light in a whole new way... she looked up at a streetlight we were semi standing under and gasped at it too, as if to say "have you been holding out all this time? Can you do that too?!" So cute.
It's the best to watch her new discoveries.
When we got home, we celebrated our 8th anniversary just like we did last year. Dinner at Harvey's. Only thing different was that Gracie was not in my belly, but I did have dessert!

Blog Archive