Genesis 2 : 8 (New Living Translation)

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I love my husband...

My buddy has been around for a long time. He never loses his temper - he is patient. He never says hurtful things (not on purpose anyway) - he is kind. When I splurge on material possessions AKA crap, he does not feel the need to have a shopping spree of his own - he does not envy. When I am wrong (which is of course rare) he does not say, "I told you so" - he does not boast. He happily carries baby bags and loud purses - he is not proud. He does not take advantage of or dishonor others even though he has had opportunity. He always protects, hopes (even with Mrs Negative Nancy, here), and I know we will persevere.

He has all of the "fruits" of true love. Except one. He is self-seeking for a few months out of the year... It's killing, I mean hunting, season and he is GONE. Either in the woods, up a tree, in a blind, or on the ground- all I know is that he is not here. Since he is pretty much wonderful according to God's standards, I will try to have a better attitude about the killing season(s) that will keep coming around year after year, BUT love never fails and keeps no record of wrong.

So, I love my husband, and with good reason.

Blog Archive